Sunday, May 5, 2013

Voices of the Under-21


So, it has come into question , 

"WHY THE YOUNG PEOPLE WHO CANNOT VOTE TALKING SO MUCH ABOUT POLITICS AH ? CANNOT VOTE RIGHT, SO DON'T TALK ALOT LIKE YOU CAN VOTE LAHHHH'

Okay, that is how it went I guess, or probably something like that.

First things first, yes, we're not eligible to vote, and we definitely do not have any business in the determining the next ruling government. But is that a reason for us not to be heard ? 

I understand that most of us are still immature and in instances like this, we fail to contemplate wisely and make the wrong choices. But well , not every one of us.

I'm not asking to be made a voter at the tender age of 18. Honestly, I do not want to vote yet, and with the kind of dirty filthy election system that we have now, I'm not really sure if I want to. I mean, what difference would it make if my vote was going to be thrown away and replaced with something else that I'd never opt for.

As a Malaysian child, a fresh school leaver and a concern citizen, I know that change is needed. I'm not taking sides here because to be honest, I've lived my entire life under the current government and it was a good life. 

I was given the opportunity to obtain an education, to live a safe and simple life and was never made to beg on the streets, all thanks to the government paychecks my parents have worked hard for.

But I do want a clean country. I want this place, Malaysia to be clean of all corruption, to stand out and let it be known around the world for all the right purposes.

I'm sad that they had resorted to the transportation of hundreds of thousands of foreigners into the country to cast their votes for them. It was not right in any way.
It has denied many the rights as citizens of what is supposed to be a democratic nation and it has established a sense of insecurity in the hearts of many and has somehow turned this country into another hideout for these illegal immigrants to seek refuge.

But lets look at it this way, what if suddenly they decide to turn their backs on all these foreigners? You know, throw a few hundred ringgit at them and tell them to go back. What if that happens ?

Most of them are illiterates, and they do not know what the future holds for them. But for the sake of a few hundred ringgit, they've allowed themselves to be bought and I do not blame them. If I was just as desperate and didn't know what was going on, I would've probably done the same. 

This is a violation of human rights, not at its worse but it's somehow reaching there. And we should not let this happen ever again.

I'm a teenager voicing out for a drastic change. A change that will free our country from every kind of filth there is, a change that will guarantee a brighter future for me and my family.

Well, it's too late now, but we can turn things around by the time the next elections come around. 

Lets clean up our home. We need this place clean, safe and free.

Take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment