Sunday, May 12, 2013

Crash Diet ? It Ain't Gonna Work, Bro.

Okay, firstly I'd like to address all the girls out there.I just want you to know that you guys are amazing, annoying at times but still amazing. And hopefully will turn out to be awesome mothers one day.

Mother's Day was awesome; at least for once I felt like a useful son.
And I love my mum.VERY MUCH.




                                 

                             Once again, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !




So, back to what I was planning to TALK about.
It's this whole thing bout being fat, and huge and elephant-like. Seriously.

It's funny how some girls are willing to, you know, resort to silly alternatives like crash-dieting just to lose a few pounds WITHOUT knowing how damaging it is. I honestly do not know what kind of shit is that, but according to a friend, it's pretty dangerous.
She even listed out the list of health problems it could cause and, well these were SOME of them :

Slowing down of the metabolism


Loss of muscle, leading to further decline of metabolism


Weight gain after the crash diet, sometimes gaining more 

weight than was lost due to slower metabolism


Weakening of the bones potentially leading to osteoporosis


Deprivation of essential nutrients


Weakening of your immune system


Cardiac stress


Heart palpitations



As a future doctor, and a normal human being with a sane mind, I can officially say this is a SUICIDE PLAN. Or so I wish to believe it is.

I mean, why would you want to go through all that just to be thin. You don't even know how ugly you'll look being thin, you know, like all those anorexic models you see online. Seriously, indulging in this kind of shit is really dumb and I wish people , girls especially would try to look at this from a different perspective.

I get it, you don't want to be fat, and assuming every single guy wants their girl to be at the ideal weight , it intimidates you, the fact that guys would never want to date you if you're fat. Well, I think that's bull****.

I'm a guy, and I really do not want to be picturing myself making love to a skeleton look-alike. That'd be so disturbing and dangerous. And what if she snaps a bone and dies? I could be charged for murder :/

But really, it isn't always about looking good. It's more than that. I believe that everybody is special in their own way, and weight or body size for that matter shouldn't define who you are. You're better than that. You're beautiful deep down, and no matter how fat you are, you'll always look good to someone. Well, SOMEONE.

Stop thinking bout how body size's going to determine your future. It's not.
It's how you decide and make your own choices, and accept what life throws at you.
Everyone is special in their own respective ways, and I don't think there's a reason to not be grateful about that.



Love yourself, and be proud. Don't let others bring you down. They're just a bunch of fools trying to make you look bad because for all you might know, they're just jealous of how amazing you are as a person. And how they wished they were in your shoes. Well, you'll never know right?



So, just be you and don't try out stupid ways to look good. Looking at all the consequences , it is seriously not worth it.
ESPECIALLY CRASH-DIETING. ITS SO STUPID.

BUT

Exercising for a healthy life is a totally different thing altogether.

Take care.


1 comment:

  1. How come I never read this one? Point well made :) .

    ReplyDelete