Sunday, May 5, 2013

" Fair ? Really ? "

So, it's final.

The results are out.

I'm incapable of making that huge change everyone's dreaming of but I do know that I'm capable of at least trying to establish a new sense of freedom in the hearts and souls of our fellow Malaysians.

I do not mean to be disrespectful in any sense but why cheat ?

Why patronize the lives of hundreds of thousands of immigrants just so you could take the lead ?
You fake their identities , promise them good lives and you allow them to believe that whatever their actions are is totally worth the risk.

Why ?

These people do not know what they are doing. They'll fall for money anytime because they're desperate to earn a living ; to feed their families. They have been manipulated , fooled into believing that they will earn what they've been yearning for if they vote for the very party that brought them in.

This isn't right. This is a violation of human rights. And though it seemed like nothing has actually happened, the fact stands that many, and when I say many , I mean A LOT OF THEM have fallen victim to yet another dirty political approach by a party who's probably never going to lose until a clean and fair elections is finally put into practice.

I don't understand.

Why cheat ? As a fresh school-leaver, I've been thought that cheating your way into something will only screw you up at the end.

And the fact that they have their hands on every single kind of media access is depressing but its a shame that no one could change that.

My friends, aunties, uncles, leaders, politicians , whoever , this is not right. You know it .

I'm young and I may be naive but I do know that if this goes on, sooner or later , it will rip us off our fundamental rights as citizens. And this whole democracy thing , it'll go down the drain.

I'm not a fan of politics , as a matter of fact I find it utterly dirty, disruptive and possibly destructive. But I do want a clean and fair government.

Today, that change didn't happen.

I understand the sole purpose of manifesto's and how they're meant to establish the sense of support every political party needs to win. But I also understand how bribery works.

When people are paid to vote, that is not a manifesto being realised.

 That is a single , free-minded person being bought. And it needs to stop.

I've always believed that justice will prevail in the end, and I still do believe at some point it will in this case. We just haven't reached the end yet.

I don't want this to ruin the future of our country. We need to open the eyes of many and bring this matter to light.We need all the support we can get. We need to revolutionize our mindsets and think beyond money and power. We need to step up as Malaysians and let our voices be heard. This time, loud enough to knock some sense into whoever's been poisoning our election system.

This country belongs to us. If we let it get ruined like this, no one's going to save it later.

I'm not fighting for any specific party.

I just want a bright future for Malaysia, a country which I hope to raise my children in and hopefully my children's children. A country which I hope would successfully grow economically and socially and help build the lives of many.
A country that would be free of corruption and prosper for many years to come.

I need this to happen. WE need this to happen.

Please, I have no other places to call home but here.


Take care.







No comments:

Post a Comment